Summer 2020: Junior Tennis Program
June 29 – July 24 (4 weeks), Monday – Friday
- Rookies (ages 5 – 6), 12 – 12:45 pm
Basic movement, hitting, balance and FUN! Learn to love this game. Primarily uses “red” lower compression balls for earlier success!
Instructor: Student Ratio no > 4:1
(Min 3 players; max 12)
- Future Stars (ages 7 – 11), 12:55 – 1:55 pm
Designed for beginning juniors. Special drills & games present fundamentals in an exciting way that builds hand-eye coordination, basic tennis strokes and love of the game. Program uses a combination of red, orange and green balls. Students must be able to carry on a sustained rally with a green-dot ball on a 60’ court in order to advance to the Junior Team Level.
Instructor: Student Ratio no > 5:1
(Max 15 players)
- Junior Team (ages 11 – 15), 2:05 – 3:20 pm
Game improvement clinics and match play.
Instructor: Student Ratio no > 6:1 (most times 5:1)
(Max 15 players)
- SCC Tennis Member: $179
- SCC Non-Tennis Member: $219
- SCC Guest: $269
Registration & Payment Deadline: Sunday, June 28 @ 12 noon
Please call Enfield Tennis Club 860-698-6503 for credit card payment (or mail check to the address below)
Registration Form can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (or mailed to ETC, 226 Shaker Road, Enfield, CT 06082)
Unregistered drop-ins 1st day of program will not be accepted
AUGUST 10: TENNIS JAMBOREE WEEK
- Monday, 8/10 – Thursday 8/13 (Rain Day Friday 8/14)
- 9 am – 12 noon
- Ages 9 – 13
- Maximum 15 participants
Must be registered and paid in advance no later than Friday, Aug 8 @ 12 noon (instructions above)
Program / Player / Family Rules:
- Parents need to screen kids prior to sending them to tennis each day (take temperature and consider their symptoms.) Do not send your player to tennis if they are not feeling well and/or have a temperature, if anyone in your household is sick or has recently been exposed to the virus (within 14 days)
- Players should wash their hands with disinfectant soap and water (for 20 seconds or longer) or use a hand sanitizer if soap and water are not readily available, immediately before and after going on the court.
Players should avoid touching their faces! (We know….easier said than done!)
- Players must bring their own racquet, water/drink and any other equipment necessary. There will be no loaner racquets available. We prefer that there be no food, but if someone needs food due to their personal situation, they should eat it away from others and sanitize hands immediately thereafter. Do not share equipment or food/water with other players. We do have racquets available for purchase, contact us in advance and we can bring one for the start of the program. For kids ages 10 & Under, we have some used racquets with new grips available for $8 and new racquets available for $21. For players older than 10, we have some options as well but contact us for options.
- Players will either be instructed to use their racquets to roll the balls to the net for coaches to pick them up, or they will be assigned a ball hopper or tube for use throughout the day. (Tubes/hoppers will be sanitized at the end of each class.) Players should avoid picking up balls with their hands. (This will be challenging for kids – please help reinforce it at home!)
- Players should try to stay at least six feet apart from other players at all times. This includes while on the court or on break. No handshakes, high fives, whispering to your partner, etc.
- Masks need to be worn off court but not on court
- Players should try to avoid touching surfaces as best they can – chairs, tables, benches, doors, nets, etc. Kids should not be using tables and chairs except in emergency situations.
- Upon arrival, check in with Coach Craig or Tim for instructions. They will be keeping daily attendance records
- If parents remain onsite, they are required to check in with the coaches as well for on-site attendance purposes, wear masks and maintain 6’ of social distancing from non-household members. If tables or chairs are used by parents, the parents are responsible for cleaning and sanitizing after use.
- As much as possible, player groupings and coaching assignments will remain consistent throughout each week.
- Coaches will sanitize chairs, tables and any tennis equipment between groups
- Should a player or family member be diagnosed with Covid 19, please notify us immediately.